A Slow Trail run through Black Mountain Bushland


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I did quite a few chores this morning, including dropping my shopping trolley bike off at the Ride Shop in Civic to have the rear brakes fixed and a general service to see what else needed to have done.

It was late by the time I managed to get away for a run, however the weather was milder than all for the last month and an early afternoon departure wasn't a problem. I was running for fun and vowed not to be concerned about the distance I covered. Good theory, however as I wound my way up the steep tracks which lead up to the summit of Black Mountain, I seemed to barely cracking a slow walking pace. Surely I will speed up on the way home without the hills?

It didn't seem to make any difference though. I was enjoying the run enormously, despite the lack of pace. With the Gungahlin Drive extension road works, I certainly didn't take the quickest way home.
All in all, I didn't speed up on the way home afterall, but by the time I was running for three quarters or an hour, I didn't have a care in the world and wanted to just keep going.
The stats:
Distance (approx.) 12 kms
Time: 1:28
Average Heart Rate 142
Maximum Heart Rate 169
Calories 1,000
Pace 7:24
Tomorrow, Customs.

Labels:


0 Responses to “A Slow Trail run through Black Mountain Bushland”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts