Lake Ginninderra Stakes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The long time spent in the wind at the lake on Saturday told on me Sunday morning . . . my cold had returned and settled on my chest, making breathing difficult and ensuring that I was going nowhere soon.

Unfortunately this lasted throughout Sunday and Monday, so that I had no exercise on either Sunday or Monday.


I did manage to get out on Tuesday to 'do' the monthly Lake Ginninderra Stakes at lunchtime. The PRB gave me a lift down to the run, as Bob left late on a cycle around the Cotter Urriara loop and needed the car to get down to the lake in time. My handicap had been 'corrected' to 15:30 from its previous 18:00 minutes, however this was still hideously inaccurate. Realising that my handicap had no chance of being corrected unless I went off my assigned time, I watched Demetrious complain about his bung knee and go off 7:30 while I waited around for another 8 minutes.

The run was good, and I worked hard. It took me just over 40 minutes to complete the 7 kilometres, with an average heart rate of 155 bpm and a maximum of 170. The conditions were hot, and on reflection I went off a bit too fast, completing my first km in 5:27. This seemed slow enough at the time, however subsequent splits were 5:49; 5:55; 5:40; 5:43; 5:47 and 5:39. I took some Ventolin during the run which seemed to help, and recovered reasonably well.
I left it too late to cycle to Cross Country, so that was the end of the exercise for the day.


0 Responses to “Lake Ginninderra Stakes”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts