Half and Half


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After a weekend spent nursing the cold (with no running despite being given the go ahead), and a slow and quiet Monday morning, I picked up and thought that I would give walking home from a late afternoon appointment in Civic a go whilst Bob was at his cycling Time Trial (TT) on Old Federal Highway.

The para-medical appointment was OK, lots of hope but little knowledge, and I have another with their colleague down at Tuggeranong on Wednesday. I decided to walk over to the bus interchange and pick up some of the new bus timetables, and then wandered via the bike and camping shops in Lonsdale St.

A hot afternoon, I popped into McDonalds under James Court for a toilet stop and a large cold drink before strapping my pack on my back and heading on my way.

Serves me right! With only one female loo, and two young pink dressed girls behind me, I hurried through my ablutions only to find half a kilometre along that I had mislaid my mobile phone. Retracing my steps it seemed obvious where I had left it, however a quick reconnoiter and enquiry at the counter and filling in forms provided no answers. Kicking myself, a little further along the 7km or so track to home, I diverted again to pick up a card and try my mobile number from a public box.

Success!! One of the little girls had picked it up and they and their father were walking back to their hotel. I looked a mess, but was in the foyer before them, where I safety stowed the phone away to live another day.

It was a beautiful walk home through the evening birdcalls of Black Mountain and Aranda Bushland.

This morning I was alarmed to see that the power cord on my laptop was frayed (I suspect by a new to the house Rudi Cat when he snuggled up to the warmth of the transformer when he first arrived and was nervous and kittenish). Not just frayed, but smoking! I disconnected and powered down, cursing that I had little or no battery power left at the time. Damn!

I am using Bob's computer at the moment, but feel lost without my own. I must fix or organise a replacement first thing tomorrow morning


3 Responses to “Half and Half”

  1. Blogger Friar 

    Rudi didn't come to any harm, and your phone was recovered so that's two plusses in one day.

  2. Blogger strewth 

    How lucky that you rescued your phone. The walk home sounds really lovely. Next time you come to Civic ring me in case I can join you for a coffee. Hope yesterday's appointment went well.

  3. Blogger TD 

    I'm just catching up with my blog reading after being away and I did a trawl through your recent posts. I have to say what a delight they are to read. You are so natural and relaxed in the way you write and there are lessons for us all there.

    Glad to see the phone was found. There's usually an unhappy ending for those kind of stories.

    I really enjoyed catching up with you at Vets on 11 Jan.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts