Woo Hoo! The Dog Barks and the Duck Waddles


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Oh Joy! What a sweet feeling!

My throat is indubitably sore, my occasional coughs sound like an old dog, and the audibility of my voice ebbs and flows like king tides in the tropics.

And Yet ~ (secretly delighted to start a legitimate sentence with 'and') ~ And Yet, I was able to run the Customs 5k! All 5k of it. Without stopping!

I didn't go out too fast, making the first kilometre in a tad over 6 minutes. I didn't want to push my breathing however my legs felt good and kept turning over. I concentrated on attempting to reduce the margin and catch up with Friar who had left 45 seconds in front of me, and chiseled it down over the first 4 kilometres, however the ever-so-slight-hill in the last k took my lack of running fitness and ability to breathe into account and he increased the gap finishing well in front of me.

I couldn't care! I was running and it felt wonderful!

Labels: ,


5 Responses to “Woo Hoo! The Dog Barks and the Duck Waddles”

  1. Blogger Unknown 

    Tha's not waddling, Carolyne! I'd call it running, for sure. Here's to the start of many more Customs & anything else you want to run!

  2. Blogger Gronk 

    Great news FD !

    PS. time to change the name of your blog to FD 2007. :)

  3. Blogger Friar 

    "Fly FD Fly"

  4. Blogger CJ 

    That's great news Carolynne!

  5. Blogger Ewen 

    And that's the best news I've heard for ages!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts