I'm in Hot Water Now


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



or I will be . . .

The workmen arrived at about a quarter to eight this morning, after Bob and I settled on a gas hot water system. Unfortunately, the design of our place is wonderful to live in, but difficult for such things, with no roof cavity and cathedral ceilings, a steeper slope on the roof than is required and few load bearing walls.



Map of Black Mtn Run-UpYesterday, I walked over the mountain to the start of the Black Mountain Run Up, which I walked in 27:16. After having a million drinks at the wonderfully cold bubbler inside the lowest level of Black Mtn Tower, I then went on a bit of a discovery tour down the steep 'goat track' on the southern side of the summit loop. All in all, just a tad under 15 kilometres with three hours spent away from home. I know I look strange, with wires and gadgets, but it certainly makes the time pass quickly.

On Monday I got away too late, but also walked over to the Botanic Gardens via the Southern route, and the extremely steep 'pushbike' hill. No prizes for guessing which peak that is! After draining a jug of water from the nearly closed Hudson's cafe, I came back along the easier nothern track of Black Mountain Nature park.


1 Responses to “I'm in Hot Water Now”

  1. Blogger Ewen 

    Who needs hot water? In this heat, cold showers are perfect!

    Some good long and hilly walks FD. They're sure improve your fitness by getting the heart rate up.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts