I'm Home, finally


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Don't you just love the Coolrunning community?
With phone calls and twice daily visits, the time went (relatively) quickly, however I am delighted to be home - with an Internet connection!
The main delay was in seeing a dietitian, whom gave me rather mixed news. Although I no longer need to restrict myself to a diet of fluids long term (or suffer the consequences), my return to normal food, especially the best food of fruit and vegetables, is going to take far longer than I would have dreamt. Bland, mushy and low fibre (that excludes fruit and many vegetables and salads specifically). Dash it!
The abdominal pain is settling down, mainly just a relic of the pretty impressive bruising I guess, but there are moments which are still crippling and cause me to cry out involuntarily, feeling like a goose! The air that was pumped into my chest is still causing problems, especially if I'm not vertical.
Having said that, I'll start walking tomorrow - little and often - warned that if I go 200 metres, remember that I have to go "all that way" back. Bending down seems to be the particular problem, and any lifting or carrying is a no-no, which asserts itself as soon as I pick up something 'heavy' like a tub of yoghurt. I didn't realise how much this limits me turning on lights (in the loft), selecting a saucepan to steam Rice, putting a spoon in the dishwasher, etc, etc, etc. Thankfully the stairs in the house don't seem to be a problem at all.
So - the first day of the yada yada yada starts tomorrow - OK?


5 Responses to “I'm Home, finally”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    A new form of weight lifting! Take it easy.

  2. Blogger Unknown 

    Like Aki said - take it easy, very easy!

  3. Blogger Ewen 

    I hope yada yada yada goes well Carolyne. Glad you're home, connected and recovering. Don't go too hard in those 200 metre out/backs ;)

    Take care.

  4. Blogger Cirque 

    Those 200 metre repeats sound tough! Be kind to yourself.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Caught up with Aki last night at speedygeoff's dinner so she could update me on your progress. So glad you're safely home. Do hope you can start enjoying "real" food soon! Oh and there's nothing wrong with crying out like a goose - geese are good! I do hope though that the nasty pain goes away soon and 200m becomes much easier quickly.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts