Is it Saturday already?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Thank heavens Bob and I spent a week or two travelling around Northland after his World Champs (did I mention to anyone that he did really well and came 2nd? Woo Hoo!), as it didn’t give me time to contemplate the impending operation (or should it be passed off as a mere ‘procedure’?) at all. Rather crook when I returned, that left me with a day or two running around like a headless goose, not getting nearly enough done, but not having much time to think either.

Now, Saturday morning the pain of the immediate post-op period seems a long way away. I am eschewing pain relief, whereas my morphine drip and tablets were my greatest friends for a few days there. Still on fluids, for the first time I actually felt like breakfast this morning, even if it was a too-sweet vanilla yoghurt and colic -nducing peppermint tea.

The PRB stopped in for a pleasantly extended visit in the morning, leaving his just-delivered copy of Runners World for me to study. Bob came in with his delicious looking lunch of home baked grainy bread rolls, with the tapenade I made on Monday, a garden of fresh salad and grilled tofu. Later in the afternoon, Rad arrived looking resplendent in his nifty blue cycling gear (not looking a day over 59& 3/4’s), with the PRB generously bringing over Aki from the ‘other side of town’ for an irreverent visit.

A good day, followed by an even better sleep. I must be a celebrity ~ so get me out of here!


0 Responses to “Is it Saturday already?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts