I have measured out my life with coffee spoons


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...







For I have known them all already, known them all:—
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
I know the voices dying with a dying fall
Beneath the music from a farther room.

So how should I presume?




T.S. Eliot (1888–1965).
The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock 1917




I can't remember when I last blogged, but I do know that it has been too long.


Rudi has continued to provide us with much joy, and some terror, as he grows rapidly in both size and confidence, and sometimes overconfidence.


Bob tore a muscle in his back when dismounting to fix his third puncture on a long ride to Corin Dam. He was quite disabled for a while, although with good Sports Medicos and Physios was back to life relatively quickly. He then succumbed to the mother of all colds, and was as ill as I have ever seen him.


During this time, the wonderful Lucky Legs came to Canberra and we had a lovely time having dinner at Belucci's at Dickson with the PRB, Wombatface, Strewth and Aki. The following day, a blistering 38 degrees we did a tour de Canberra, pointing out some of the better known running sites south of the city, travelling through Coppins Crossing to check out the new faciltity at Stromlo Forest Park. We then surveyed the fire damage from Mt Stromlo Observatory, then continued down to the famous Cotter, site for gathering on the Cotter 15, 18 and 21 mile runs, as well as the finish of the Brindabella Classic.


Further on we checked out the location of the Tidbinbilla Deep Space Tracking Station, part of the roadway up to Corin Dam and then back to the southern reaches of Canberra through Pine Island. We met up with the PRB at Deeks Bakery and Cafe for a coffee and a few of their excellent nut meal gluten free biscuits in pistachio, hazelnut and my favourite, almond.


It was hot and getting hotter - I dropped Lucky Legs back to her motel to relax and went home to my unusually ill husband.





0 Responses to “I have measured out my life with coffee spoons”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts