BBQ Stakes analysis


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I made it, just in the nick of time! Following on my theory from the Lake Stakes yesterday, I decided to go off my correct handicap time of 7:30 (having left at 5:00 the previous week).
My kilometre markers were as follows (last weeks time in brackets)
1. 5:59 (6:23)
2. 6:35 (6:33)
3. 5:35 (5:47)
4. 6:37 (6:33)
5. 5:11 (5:14)
6. 5:40 (5:50)
I didn't expect to be any faster than last week, but was pleased nevertheless to be a few seconds faster. The uphill k's (the second and fourth) were essentially no different, showing that my lung capacity still has a way to go!
This evening I headed off to the pool for my first swim in ages, and certainly the first since my operation. I was a little nervous, but managed to do 400m first up. Ten minutes in the steam room to finish made it a quick trip, but enough for now, and enough to send my sinuses off to a constant stream.
2007 has been so much better than 2006, and I'm sure that February will just get a great deal better.

Labels:


3 Responses to “BBQ Stakes analysis”

  1. Blogger Gronk 

    Great stuff FD. Your on a roll. Bring on February !

  2. Blogger speedygeoff 

    going good, and dare I say it, looking flash.

  3. Blogger Ewen 

    You were on a mission with that first kilometre. A nice improvement overall, and you raced yesterday too!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts