Hmmph! A DNS


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I had everything organised last night for a quick, quiet getaway this morning for the lake circuit run this morning with the Pink Arrows. Shoes prepared with footpod and orthoses on the desk, socks ready, shorts and heart rate monitor, fuel belt and drinks in the fridge at the ready, car key already off the keyring so I could easily carry it with me, clean t-shirt, cash and provisions in a backpack for the car. Alarm set for 4:40am.

As my daily alarm for my "it's not really a sedative" sleeping miracle pill went off at 6:55pm, I discovered that despite multiple trips to the pharmacy this week and three prescriptions filled, I had run out. Doh!
I wasn't going to get it filled that night (it wasn't really going to make a difference was it?), and went to bed in good time, not too early, and not too late. But sleep didn't come, and the spasms which had stopped me running at Customs did return with sharp slashes of cutting spasms.
I finally fell asleep around a quarter to four, now fairly confident that I wasn't going to make it down to the lake for my planned run that morning. Darn it! When Bob left for his run, I fell asleep more deeply, not waking until nearly noon.
I continued to have severe spasms throughout the day and will just have to write this weekend down to one of those experiences (what doesn't kill us must make us stronger, eh?).


0 Responses to “Hmmph! A DNS”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts