Another Tuesday start


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After an unprecedented DNF on Friday, an DNS on Saturday and not doing much around here on Sunday things are slowly looking up.

Went for a 'brisk' walk around Black Mountain Bushland with the PRB on Monday afternoon. A few hills and a tad over 10 kilometres covered.

Today was the monthly Mt Ainslie Run-Up in hot conditions. I felt really well today, but my legs had no juice when I started to move. As those walking sped past me I kept churning on, although I too started to walk as the mercury rose the sweat poured and the legs had turned their knees back to front and were urging me to in reverse.

Eventually I finished in what must surely be a considerable PW of 24:46! I doubt that there would have been too many PB's today. The jog down was so welcome - I do love running down hills! A small swimmette in the afternoon followed by a belated visit to my GP in an attempt to seek an answer to the spasms that have been crippling me of late. It seems that it is common after the type of procedure I had, and another patient would went through the same thing around the same time is going through the same thing. It could take a year to settle down.

I drove down to the Cross Country at Woden, arriving just as the first runners were crossing the line. Double parking, I changed into my cycling gear, and left my keys with Bob and rode his bike home. Bob was going to take the car to his swim squad and we decided on the swap.
So, far harder to run than I would have expected, but around 4km of running (or walking with an elevated heart rate if I wasn't able to run up hills); 100m of swimming (!); and around 16km of moderately easy cycling.
So, not great, but heading in the right direction.


2 Responses to “Another Tuesday start”

  1. Blogger Gronk 

    Great to see your able to get out there now FD after a DNF speedhump.

    PB/PW is not really important is it ?

  2. Blogger Friar 

    "If at first you don't succeed" comes to mind.

    You'll get there although it may take a while.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts