A doctor a day, keeps the plastic flexed


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Bob's heavy cold seems to be lifting, and he was able to lob into work yesterday afternoon after a physio appointment. Unfortunately, I woke up with a very sore throat, and felt generally unwell . . . no doubt catching the dregs of his cold. Dash It! I know that I have to be well enough to undergo the knee surgery next Tuesday, so I changed my plans to go along with Bob to the physio and pick up some crutches (luckily Bob is the same height), and thence to Mt Ainslie to catch up with Rad and Friar.





As it turned out, Rudi spent a good hour and a half curled up in the crook of my arm for a much needed afternoon sleep.




I will drive Bob to work today - it is unwise for him to cycle in the cold air so soon, and standing at the bus stop probably isn't smart. I then need to begin my preparation for a (nother) renal ultrasound over the other side of town. The last one I had in April was hampered by the confronting protethis stopping the very new, very shy sonographer from actually checking my kidneys. It was a pity, as I had lots of renal pain at the time and thought that I was lucky that they could catch it.




So this time I have arranged for a friend to do it, meaning that I will travel over to the far reaches of town to have it done. I tore the house apart on Friday looking for my old x-rays and images (I do have one of Canberra's better private collections), and after leaving no box unturned, managed to find them. I only have a couple which cover my kidneys, but they do indicate a shrinkage in size from 2002 to 2006 which may be significant. Fortunately, the appointment I made with my GP three weeks ago is 'up' this Friday afternoon . . . I didn't cancel it when I got in to see him earlier, so may as well keep it to suss the results of the scan with him then.



In the meantime, I'm tired, very sore of throat with an occasional 'sick dog' cough, and dying to catch up with Aki who is so busy with the school musical production.



I am enjoying my morning cuppa though!



3 Responses to “A doctor a day, keeps the plastic flexed”

  1. Blogger Gronk 

    Hi FD. Good to see that you are remaining positive notwithstanding all these speedhumps. Any spare positive energies I have are always pointed in your direction. :)

  2. Blogger TD 

    It's those small luxuries like the morning cuppa that can mean so much with the world gets testy. Would love to have a cuppa with you FD.

  3. Blogger Unknown 

    Thinking of you, FD...hope all goes well with the surgery.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts