MRI, Sports Med and


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



an appointment with a knee surgeon.




Meniscus, torn.




Cruciate (ACL) not good.




The Surgeon (Paul Minter ~ was he the guy who 'did' Allrounder?) will help me decide which way to go - an estimate of the recovery time for one form of surgery was four weeks, the other four months.




In the meantime, no running, gentle cycling or (yuk) swimming!!




My arthritic joints are playing up again (tell me why we live in Canberra in winter again?), and my hands and wrists are hardly able to do anything without pain. I tried to make an appointment with my GP (why did they take Vioxx off the market again?) and the next one available is 10 August - three weeks away.




Groan, groan, misery guts.



Oh well, after the school holiday weeks of Bob being at work for a change, I've hardly had a moment to think with a few episodes of baby sitting (Great) Niece and Nephew Max and Maddy, and a couple of days with (Great) Nephew Sam. I'm exhausted!



The washing machine has gone kaput, so we are doing daily trips to the Laundromat (drag), and Bob's calf is so bad that he didn't even get through the first run in the long awaited duathlon on Sunday.



Normal cheerful service will resume presently.


2 Responses to “MRI, Sports Med and”

  1. Blogger allrounder 

    greetings from delightful Darwin, where it's t-shirt & shorts weather 24/7...Paul is the one that "did" me and he's "doing" mum's complete knee replacement this Thursday...

  2. Blogger Aki 

    Now that's what I call a popular guy! Stick with it FD!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts