Hhmmmm . . . .


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It has been a long week, and life has just been one strange thing after another.

I went along to Customs again today, and for my trouble, stood shivering in the cloud-shaded ground while a hardy band of the usual suspects ran around the course. Yesterday I saw my physio and got the bad news about the knee injury which I reignited in Vienna some weeks ago. Of course, it wasn't through actual running that the injury was done (as usual). Being at breakfast on holidays, even household chores couldn't get the blame this time, instead it was leaping up to assist someone in opening a door while they were carrying an armload of coffee.

Something went 'crack', and I was in pain.

I thought that it would just go away, so wasn't overly concerned, beginning ice and anti-inflammatory gel upon returning home.

It just wasn't improving, and although fine at rest, whenever I walked more than a few steps at a time the pain on the inside of my left knee returned with vengence. The diagnosis?

A recurring meniscal tear. No running for quite a time. During the examination my cruiate ligament was found to be wanting. Busted, torn, kaput.

Some exercises, however not much hope from that. No running (did I say that I was not permitted to run), and only easy, high cadence cycling (but not too much). I want to run.


4 Responses to “Hhmmmm . . . .”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    :(

    Pilates? Tomorrow 8:30 if you can...

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    Bugger! I was wondering what you were up to. Hope it gets better soon. Take care.

  3. Blogger TD 

    Very sorry to hear this FD. It seems that so many of us have been injured this year, made worse in your case in that you didn't do it through running.

    A meniscal tear is a reasonably common injury and they do get better. Jana Pittman had that kind of injury I think leading up to the Athens Olympics and she was running back within weeks.

    Will be thinking of you.

  4. Blogger allrounder 

    bummer about the knee...would it help to have an arthroscope to clean it up?...my mum's having a complete knee replacement in a couple of weeks...

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts