It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's hard to believe that we have been back nearly two weeks ~ it has just been a whirl.
Bob is heading up to the Gold Coast for the Half Marathon today, where he will catch up with old Uni friends (Queensland Uni 1968). We had a bit of a bash for his 60th Birthday on Saturday, with friends and family travelling from interstate. The weather here has been wet. Wet, wet, we need the rain, but this has been especially miserable.
A couple of weeks ago, I twisted my knee when getting up to open a door for someone carrying too many cups through a door. This reignited an old war wound, making further walking in Vienna extremely painful. It seemed just an inflammatory response, as if I was static I forgot about it. More than a couple of steps and I was limping.
Drama Queen, obviously.
However this pattern has continued, meaning no running for many, many weeks. Yesterday afternoon, Bob and I got out for a short cycle in the cool, but dry, afternoon air. Surprisingly, my knee was fine cycling, despite the cold weather, and the need to cycle up some considerable hills (despite sticking to as high a cadence as I could). Although I have an appointment with the super physio next Thursday, my prescription is obviously to cycle as much as I can over the next weeks.
I must admit that I'm a wimp with the weather, not made any better by the change from a heatwave of a southern European late Spring to an unseasonably wet and cold Canberra June.
So, after I drop Bob at the airport, I hope to cycle down to Customs (after I irrigate). I'm looking forward to it!


4 Responses to “It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World”

  1. Blogger speedygeoff 

    Hmmm, FD, you're something familiar, while at the same time, something peculiar.

  2. Blogger TD 

    Hi FD. Didn't know you were in Vienna. I've actually just spent a week in Vienna for work and about to head home. Still lovely weather here, warm and balmy. I had a great run this morning around Stadtpark.

  3. Blogger Ewen 

    Saw Bob briefly in the recovery area. 1.38 ain't bad for an old bloke. Must still be recovering from all that travel.

  4. Blogger Unknown 

    I hope to see you at the Bush Capital Marathon, FD. I'll be doing the 16km.....not the marathon!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts