Nothing much to report


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm spending the week in as full a recovery mode as possible - after a month spent visiting various medical and para medical people, as well as looking after the (Great) nephews and niece, I am weary and failing physically in a manner which I haven't done for quite a few years.


Not only are my joint stiff and sore, but the fine motor skills are failing to do quite what I want them to do, making simple tasks such as turning a page or typing very difficult. A generalised weakness on my left side surprises me when I try to pick up a cup or something similar, and my walking is somewhat affected.


I think that it is just fatigue, but my speech is also having episodes of deterioration slurring in laziness.

Bob went to the physio today to have his calf seen to - and the news is not good for him competing on Saturday in the Bush Capital Runs (a newish event, in it's 3rd year, but undoubtedly a good one on the calendar), and there is a big question mark about the City to Surf in 2 weeks time too.

So, uncharacteristically for me, I have spent the afternoon resting on the sofa upstairs in front of the fire, half heartedly paying attention to a tape of the Tour de France from last night, while cleaning the remote controls of their accumulated grime. Actually, I feel rather virtuous having completed this easily overlooked activity, and they do look and feel much better.

I should bring in some wood, or look into dinner, however I am just far too tired and sore to do this, and hope that there is something to heat up in the 'fridge. We are greatbelievers in leftovers.

Tomorrow? I would like to get to Customs to catch up with Rad and Friar, however will try and get an appointment with my GP. Until then rest, rest, rest.


3 Responses to “Nothing much to report”

  1. Blogger Gronk 

    Oh dear you are in the wars, rest up FD. Lots of (((((((((hugs))))))) from the Gronkster !

  2. Blogger TD 

    My thoughts are with you too, Flashduck. Leftovers can make the best meals sometimes. Strange isn't? Perhaps because we are relieved of the tedium or stress of preparation.

  3. Blogger Ewen 

    We missed you and Bob today FD. It was a great event - heaps more people than two years ago.

    I really hope your health improves. Rest up and take it easy.

    Good job with the remotes.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts