A Recent PB


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Two Blogs in two day - something of a minor victory, methinks.

No exercise today, although I did get out of bed despite a brain curdling headache. Contacted Bob, Aki and the PRB to let them know that I was vertical, tried applying heat packs to my neck to ease the pain.

While driving to pick up Aki, found that heat applied to my ear helped - the pounding and whoosh! whoosh! wasn't good. I got Aki to drive from there, and we headed down to the south side of town to meet the PRB for a coffee at Deek's Cafe and Bakery at Pearce Shops. I had tried the coffee at Deek's just after it opened without much success, so, on Friar's advice, decided to give it another go.

It was too cool to sit outside, so fortunately one of the 4 indoor tables were free at 1:30pm when we arrived. Aki devoured the latest issue of R4YL, while I was frustrated with the dodgy screen alignment of my PDA.

The appointment with the Podiatrists (plural, therein to be known as P1 and P2) was fascinating, and I felt honoured to be able to be be able to be part of the process. Up until the observation of chronic callouses, I could faithfully say that our feet (Aki and I) had nothing in common. Whereas my feet are wide, requiring a men's EE fitting (which will still be too long); Aki are long and oh-so-narrow. P1's exclamation on seeing her naked foot was "So Flat", whereas my high arches permit no shoes. And so it went, right down to the Girlyist Girl detail.

The video analysis by P1 was reviewed by P2, and the chronic blister and knock knee bio-mechanical inefficiency was addressed. I was delighted to see that the first line of action was some aggressive strapping of the feet. My bio-mechanical problems were helped enormously be appropriate strapping and exercises. Orthodothes then sealed my ill - not injured running career.

So - Run with the strapping on during the next 72 hours with the strapping on a run that would normally cause blisters.
- continue with cross training such as spin sessions.
- build up the eccentric adductor muscles.
- come back for review in two weeks.

Although it wasn't exactly a stressful day, I was exhausted by the end. The wisdom of me doing the City to Surf doesn't sound too good.


2 Responses to “A Recent PB”

  1. Blogger Gronk 

    Here's hoping that things are on the mend FD. Love to see you in August. :)

  2. Blogger Friar 

    Waiting, Waiting, Waiting for a report on Deeks Bakery.

    Have just finished our supply of almond Biscuits, so must return soon for more.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts