Post


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Not bursting with Rude Health at the moment, although I am trying to keep active . . . when I'm not asleep, that is!
The current cold snap in Canberra doesn't help either, it is uncommonly cold for this time of year, and I'm suffering. No excuses though. At the Mount Ainslie Run Up last Tuesday I was gloriously last on a spectacular day. It was good to see Aki there and we spent a bit of time together afterwards.
No more running since though, despite a great deal of sleep! Rad picked me up this morning to go to the 'other' Tuesday Lunchtime running event in Canberra, the Lake Tuggeranong Stakes. With the once-a-month Lake Ginninderra Stakes (7k), the Mt Ainslie Run-Up (2.2k) and the Black Mountain Run-Up (2.6k) there isn't much time left for the weekly Lake Tuggeranong Stakes (6k). However there was a window this week, and Rad rang to pick me up first. This ensured that I got out of bed, and out of the house, which would have been a bit questionable otherwise.
He is a treasure, arriving early, he carefully takes a plastic bag and goes around collecting the multitude of fast food rubbish left around the start. Soon enough, we were off, and I once again went off my 'correct' handicap, even though I knew that I was terribly slow. At 8:30 I quickly slipped behind everyone, and this just continued. I tried to emulate the 'Podrunner' exercise of a few weeks ago, and this time, not only had the MP3, but also had it fully powered up. This week is was 'Bulldozer' rated at 140-something Beats per minute. Interestingly, my heart rate was around 148 for most of the time, even though I was going as hard as I could. It did seem to ameliorate some of the horrible pain from the groin. I finished in 33 minutes, and was, predictably last again. It still hurts, but I will plan to get to the BBQ Stakes again tomorrow, because I'm sure that it is good for me - and I can handle these lunch time runs in this weather!


3 Responses to “Post”

  1. Blogger speedygeoff 

    I assure you, Baby it's Cold Outside. Even my good lady is rugged up in a blanket next to a roaring fire, something never seen.
    Found out you ran with us Thursday. Welcome back!

  2. Blogger Gronk 

    Yes I have seen the temps down there of late and was thinking of you. Brrrr.

    Lunchtime events sound very sensible. :)

  3. Blogger Unknown 

    No early mornings for me either, FD! Like you, it's lunch-time runs or nothing! Rug up & stay well.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts