Warning - Whinge Blog:Take 3


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have sat with a blank post in front of me for two nights, and just didn't know what to write that was 'Upbeat' and optimistic.

So I wrote nothing.

Nothing is particularly wrong, although I am feeling a bit glum: my eyes are very sore with a sharp pain and reduced visual acuity, especially in low light where I feel that I can't see. It is just a bit familiar of those times when my vision was so bad (?Optic Neuritis) that I barely saw at all. I was classified as legally blind by the blind society. I've been enjoying seeing, and it certainly makes running easier when you've been used to it. Of course Roy Daniels (local visually impaired marathoner and physio) would have something else to say about that!
My left side - arm - has been wonky too; nothing too dramatic at the moment, dead feeling and lack of function. It's just not doing what I want at the moment, and consequently I tend to drop at lot of things and find that things like turning a page, patting the cat, or picking up an envelope are not very successful. Coming home from meeting Bob yesterday for example, I could not have driven a manual car: this lack of function some years ago had led us to discard the much loved Mazda V6 gearbox for an auto (point and shoot driving), as having a passenger change gears is only good if (you can see), and there is a passenger in the car! Right now, it's OK and I am typing alright; but the body memory of what it might develop into (especially with the vision affected as well) makes me a tad glum.
Whinge over!
It is a cold, miserable looking winter day, and I hope to get along to Customs to run/hold the clock/meet friends. I have printed all the reports and have them on the board so that Bob can take them in if I fade too early.
I have set up the wind-trainer, and hope to get up for a session sometime today.

"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions"


3 Responses to “Warning - Whinge Blog:Take 3”

  1. Blogger CJ 

    You are entitled to whinge - but hang in there. Take care and I hope things improve.

  2. Blogger Cirque 

    You don't have to be upbeat in here! This is your blog after all. Anyway - we're here for you in sickness or health, richer or poorer.......

    Hope things improve soon for you.

  3. Blogger Gronk 

    Wishing you all the best FD. Hope your on the mend real soon. :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts