My poor, sore bones!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I not crook, not really. However my muscles are aching and typing this is an exercise in pain management. Just an inflammatory response to life it seems, and it too shall pass. I took Lucy the wonder-cat to the Vet this evening for a check-up, as Bob and I had become increasingly concerned about her hydrophilic behaviour since our return from overseas and constant need to drink. Some years ago, (when she was a sprightly 17 years old) a test indicated loss of kidney function, so we were concerned about the future and her making it to the 21st Celebrations in July.

The news was pretty optimistic, and we have come away with a 'prescription' diet for her kidneys. Despite now being extremely deaf, with one dodgy eye, and few teeth to speak of, she is doing remarkable well.

I met up with Aki for a talking lunch break today - it has been far too long since I have seen her. I certainly wasn't firing on all cylinders, but it was good to catchup.

As for running - it is in the unknown basket at the moment. A good nights' sleep may fix everything, permitting me to jog around the BBQ Stakes course tomorrow. But running in this condition is counterproductive - I have done it too many times before with devastating effects.

Wish me luck!


1 Responses to “My poor, sore bones!”

  1. Blogger Cirque 

    Oh no, I know just how you feel! I was down to typing with one finger a few months ago, and it's not funny! I really hope it settles down for you soon.

    Whatever you do, please don't push yourself to run while you feel like that. Whatever has triggered it, this is definitely your body's way to tell you to R E S T !!!

    Take care Ducky!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts