A quiet, wet weekend.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It has not quite been the homecoming that I had hoped for - it certainly hasn't been bad by any means, however I have yet to go for a run (or do any exercise) in the last four days. Quite a change from the 15-25kms of walking I did each day while away, plus some more structured running.

I managed to sleep for an incredible thirteen hours last night, on top of the ten or 11 each other day I have been home. I'm a slow learner, but one of the few things that I have learnt over the decade or so of my malaise is that sleep should not be fought, but rather embraced. Sleep is good. And the quickest way of getting better.

Aki and I had a very pleasant morning yesterday getting new shoes at The Runners Shop, having a coffee and doing a bit of fruit shopping. Nothing very exciting, but it was great to catch up. We hopefully will get out for a run together on Wednesday afternoon around the trails at the base of Mt Ainslie / Mt Majura.

I feel much better, although my throat still clogs up completely making breathing very difficult at times. I will get out tomorrow unless the weather is so inclement that it would be too ill advised. A run would be great, although I shall be sensible! The current forecast is for showers and 8-16*C, not too bad for Canberra, but I'm still in a northern hemisphere, tropical South East Asian state of mind and acclimatisation.
Training starts, no matter how slowly, tomorrow. Maybe start a bit of Geocaching too!


9 Responses to “A quiet, wet weekend.”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    The days off will probably be good for you, mine have been!

  2. Blogger Unknown 

    Today's run has been my first of the week, FD, & I didn't do too badly considering! So easy back into it slowly!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    weird.

    I just got a Garmin Forerunner 305 and i was recently looking at some geocaching pags thinking it could be a fun thing to try. Let us know how you get on with it.

  4. Blogger allrounder 

    geo-caching is fun!

  5. Blogger Friar 

    Did I just catch a reference to the Garmin 305.

    Have you mastered it yet.??

  6. Blogger Friar 

    I don't know whether to welcome you back or commisserate that your travels are finissimo.

    Your penmanship and photo posts have kept us all informed.

  7. Blogger Ewen 

    Is that a new PB Carolyne? Beats my feeble 11 hours from last Thursday night!

    By the way, welcome home!

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Honey not allowed in diet: legumes, potatoes, beans and low-fat dairy.
    The differences between the Paleo and recipe books below, along with SMS, phone, and RIM wasn't ready for that. Pediatric nutritionist Keith Ayoob from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, we had major issues with the auto-dimming on the DROID is a solid experience.

    Feel free to visit my webpage wallinside.com

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    There are lot of techniques and techniques which will help websites
    gain search engine optimization center seems to be a identifying aspect in the option of search engines.
    Now, you have to find out what kind of techniques they use.


    my web-site outsource search engine optimization

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts