Au Revior Hanoi


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Alas, I have not blogged, because I've been too busy living and enjoying the delights of Hanoi .
However today we catch a budget airline flight (Thai Air Airlines) from Hanoi to Bangkok, and thence on a Qantas flight later that afternoon from Bangkok to Canberra via Sydney. As great as it will be to see the Lucy cat again, there are so many things that I will miss about SE Asia, Vietnam and Hanoi I do not have the anticipatory anxiety to get going that is usual on the last day of travel.
We have had a magic time, even looking at a couple of apartments / flats on Saturday to see what was available if we were to come back for a month or four. Very tempting!
I have composed all sorts of ditty's in my head of how the traffic moves as an unconducted symphony of everyone playing and jamming together in harmony. Corny, but as you run through the streets at the same pace (or faster) than the prevailing traffic of bicycles or scooters, then join tens of thousands around Hoan Keim Lake as they do their morning constitutional exercise of walking, jogging, tai chi, aerobics, badminton, weights, wheeling chairs, etc, etc, it is a wonderful sense of being part of a vibrant village of humankind (for whom exercise of all kinds is valid and valuable, irrespective of what one wears, how old, how skillful or whatever.) I love it.
To change, to pack to leave.
Sigh.
I will update the travel blog with travel info as soon as I can.
Thank you Vietnam


3 Responses to “Au Revior Hanoi”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    The way you've been posting of Vietnam, we've all been wondering if you are really coming back. Enjoy your last day and thankyou for blogging throughout your journey.

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    I hope your flight home is smooth Carolyne. What a great holiday!

  3. Blogger strewth 

    I'm not sure if you will see this before you blog again in Canberra but it's been wonderful following your journey. Thank you for sharing it with us and for giving us such a fantastic picture of your time in Vietnam. It sounds as though you have had a marvellous holiday and will have some fabulous memories. See you soon!!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts