Two Birds with One Stone: GeoCaching and a Run


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As always, returning from a holiday is hard work! Especially with the lingering effects of the cold which are keeping Bob and I from are optimum.

Family commitments meant that we we took care of our Great Niece Madelyn yesterday, and met Bob's sister today. However, unlike yesterday, it was a beautiful day in the national capital today, and I forced myself to go to the supermarket after we met sister-in-law and went to the markets for a truckload of fruit and vegetables (although not too many bananas!).

The supermarket shopping finished to partially restock our vacant pantry cupboards, I found an old one-piece tri suit and t-shirt to wear, and headed out the door with a printout from the GeoCaching site and a multi coloured ping pong ball (borrowed from Lucy's cache). I found the first one without much difficulty, and revelled in the beautiful weather and great conditions. I was able to get into a good groove for the next few kilometres of jogging to the next cache on the other side of our house. There was greater tree cover and the sun was rapidly beginning to fade to low on the horizon. I had a bit more difficulty finding this cache although was delighted to locate it, and as I was was in the backyard of my favourite running from route, I made my way back to the fire-trail and continued around my Aranda loop and under Caswell Drive. It was not a long run, not fast, but not too hard and I loved it!

I'm only a little confused now at how to indicate that I have found the caches? I considered emailing or phoning allrounder, a veteran GeoCacher, but I am stubborn (and hope to see her tomorrow!) I should be able to work it out on my own!

Can't wait for Customs tomorrow, although if I had one (secret) goal it would be to run at the same pace as Jodie - I don't know if I can hang on to that pace for 5kms though. Plan to do the Sri Chinmoy 10km on Sunday - Bob is considering the 4km!
The running blog resumes - It can only get better!


2 Responses to “Two Birds with One Stone: GeoCaching and a Run”

  1. Blogger allrounder 

    i see you figured out the geo-caching ok!...it'll take you places you've never been although you do do a lot of trail running so maybe not...however, they can be in the most surprising places...there's at least one not far from the Customs run starting place...multi-caches are great too although you need to make sure you read the instructions first...co-ords can be loaded direct to your Garmin (& other devices) if you become a "premium" member...gee, i'm writing a lot here, we (including Jodie & Suze) can talk more about this!!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    how terrible is the banana drought :(

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts