A Fine Start, Ollie

E-mail this post

Remember me (?)

All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

No, nothing to do with s8boarding.
Bob had a physio appointment first thing this morning, and was then heading for a swim. Although there were things we needed to do after that, I threw on my cycling clothes and without little preparation headed out the door on my much loved and very under-used Road Bike for a spin.
I knew I didn't have long ~ and needed to be in contact with Bob, so I rode off with the earphones attached to my phone and the radio on, and only arm warmers with a cool running tri top; no skull cap under my helmet, short knicks, short socks. The radio (ABC NewsRadio 103.9FM) advised me as I rolled down the hill from home that it was 5 degrees. I was committed and regardless of the weather and the fact that I could hear the front tyre squelching against the bitumen (I had forgotten that I hadn't pumped up the tyres since before we travelled) I continued on, as too many times in the last two weeks I had made aborted attempts to cycle.
I didn't have too long to decide which direction to head, but as it was just after the morning rush, I rode down Coulter Drive and then into Southern Cross Drive. It was very pleasant cycling conditions, although the tyre pressure was making it hard going. I turned around after a measly 10km and came home via an alternate route. Not far, not fast (I'm embarrassed to say I averaged around 20k/h), but it was good to get out on the road bike for a change.
Bob eventually arrived home, and confirmed that I had about 8 PSI in the rear (Ouch) and less in the front. They are now up to full training pressure of about 120PSI. Cycling should be easier now!
Bob and I went and bought some clothes for him and I confirmed that I could take the car for a visit to Geoff's group tonight, concentrating on the long warm-up and warm up. However, I dropped Bob at Clinic 88 where he was meeting a friend for a run after a massage, and went home do some much needed but boring chores. I was whacked! I lay down, and before I knew it, I was not just in the land of nod, but aledgedly snoring my head off. And it was long past Geoff's group time before I woke up. Nearing sunset, no run for me today. I guess I needed the sleep.
Tomorrow - Customs 5k, and maybe another ride on inflated tyres!

4 Responses to “A Fine Start, Ollie”

  1. Blogger Luckylegs 

    Looking good, Carolyne! Enjoy the run & ride tomorrow...glorious Autumn days!

  2. Blogger speedygeoff 

    Did you dream you ran with the training group? If so, I will dream that I marked you present on the roll :)

  3. Blogger Friar 

    Now you'l be all "pumped up" for the run today.

    You'll probably have a blinder after the "enforced" rest day.

  4. Blogger Wobbly man 

    I hope it's a bit warmer upm there than it is down here! Good for your 5K I guess - did it go well?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast

About me

Previous posts