Woo Hoo! Da Duck is back Waddling! (with Thanks to Aki)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Don't you love running friends and the support they give? Although all dressed up and ready to do the Lake Ginninderra Stakes today, I wanted to be involved in Bob's final search for a new road bike, and another visit to The Ride Shop to check out the specs of the Colnago Cristello in detail. (Swoon) A beautiful, beautiful frame. The specs included a Colnago (carbon) seatpost and saddle (Titanium rails); Full Durace Groupset (53/39) 13-28?; Cinelli Graphis Stem^; and Voelta X-Lite Wheels.
We brought Bob's current road bike in to check the geometry and specs. It took quite a while with him on the mag trainer, and all were amazed at his short (but powerful) little legs. Comparing the tube lengths and so on, it seemed obvious that he would need the 45cm compact frame, rather than the 48cm! The next decision is whether to replace the Voelta wheels (bladed spokes, dish rim) which are apparently stiff and responsive, however something of a compromise between race and training wheels. I will try to contact Simon from the Customs run for advice on the wheels. It seems as though one good option would be for a set of carbon race wheels and a reasonable set of training wheels.
It is exciting!!
I met Aki after school (I was a couple of minutes late) and we went for a run together at Mount Ainsle. I didn't know how I would go, It would be 10 nail biting days since I have run, and I was a bit nervous about it. We started slowly, and I found the hills more than challenging and my breathing was laboured. However the downhills were really welcome, and I picked up as the run went on. I haven't downloaded the data yet, however I'm sure that our pace for the second half of the loop was faster than the first. Whooppee! And I felt fantastic!!!
We took a calculated risk and did the loop of Mount Ainslie instead of just going out and back; it was a bit touch and go that the sunset would hold off long enough, and we only just made it. As I became more energised, Aki's mega blistering of the arches reared their head again and made it uncomfortable for a time.
Meanwhile, Bob has found a pair of while tracksuit pants which he has been wearing with a white t-shirt around the house in order to stretch easily. Although they aren't especially baggy (apparently they are a uniform swap from a French Team Member at some World Championships), I still think that he bears a passing resemblance to Ali G and I feel that I am living in Da House. In Da Mad House.
^The pure and aggressive shape of this stem comes from an AL 2030 T6 alloy ingot,
CNC machined. Unique rear closure system. The H shaped front cover optimises the
bar clamping. Fork clamp diameter: 28.6mm (1"1/8) with reduction to 25.4mm (1")
Clamp: 31.8mm Angle 80/100deg 165g (110mm)


3 Responses to “Woo Hoo! Da Duck is back Waddling! (with Thanks to Aki)”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    BB H is in Da House! Fluffy duck is on the trails! It's all happening!

  2. Blogger strewth 

    Sounds like you had a wonderful run with great company. And how good does Bob's choice of bike sound - did you purchase it or are you still checking it out?

  3. Blogger Friar 

    Ducked out for a run.

    :-))

    Bet you are pleased.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts