Weekend Update


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



All my enthusiasm for running was for nought on Friday when I ran out of time when preparing for the Customs 30th Anniversary Run, and in putting up balloons at the Willow Tree Turnaround, I missed running myself. Huge numbers turned up though, with quite a few blue and white vertical striped singlets among the crowd, the original Custom Joggers Uniform during the Punic Wars.

There was a mountain of food bought by Mike for the occasion, and I ended up taking home a bag of feta cheese cubes, some pepperoni slices and black olives. Although there is still a pile of feta left, I have made a tortilla (potato omelet) with peperoni and feta, and a couple of open spinach, feta, olive and pine nut tarts. We have knocked off one of the tarts, and I must admit it is damned good, even if I do say so myself. No recipe guys, I just tossed stuff in, and it is more tart than quiche.

Bob and I ended up traipsing around looking at Subaru wagons on Saturday. It was unplanned, however we have never been happy with the Magna which was purchased quickly when my weak left arm could no longer handle the manual transmission of the sweet V6 gearbox on the 626. Sigh. Sandwiched between Bob cycling the Cotter Loop and a Saturday afternoon swim squad, we didn't have much time amidst the weekend crowds despite an appointment. Bob was impressed with the test drive (I'll return during the week for a test), and we are considering models and funds for this unplanned upgrade.

The Terry Fox fun run on Sunday had a cast of thousands and I felt that I said hello to a hundred of them! Special thanks to Vurt, Strewth and allrounder for putting up with my incessant rambling. The weather was on the cool side, but excellent for a 10k, and unlike last year, no rain.

I have had a pain in my right groin for a while now, and the GP hadn't thought it was a hernia during the last consultation, although it is far more painful when I cough or laugh. The pain was persistent and pretty bad while running, so I ear bashed poor Jodie, Mister B, and Strewth as a diversionary tactic during the event. I did feel more comfortable when I was on the way back, and gritted my teeth and tried to ignore the pain. Throughout the run, my left arm stayed down didn't spasm which was a big turn-up.

The groin pain intensified when I stopped and has been pretty bad for the last 24 hours. I'm not quite sure what to do - I can run, but it does stir things up.

I also have a sore throat now which is keeping me low. Not quite sure what is wise . . . . what to do, what to do?


3 Responses to “Weekend Update”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    Hello, it's not THE sore throat is it? It might be a good idea to check in with your GP, he'll know more than any of us! It's sad to see you have yet another worry while you're running, keep at it!

  2. Blogger Friar 

    Some of the "Old Farts" have not shaved since the Punic Wars.

    Did they use Pumice stones in those days??

  3. Blogger strewth 

    Hey FD it was great to have your company at the Terry Fox and you didn't give me any inkling you were in pain. You are a gutsy stoic soldier! Take care and do hope your throat improves. There's a nasty throat bug going round our office at the moment - not nice - so LOOK AFTER YOURSELF.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts