Da Feet Return!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Thanks for reminding me SparkDriver, I missed them too!
I felt pretty reasonable on waking this morning, not exactly a ringing endorsement, but an improvement from the dead head.
Bob was out cycling with the Bilby's, yet I managed to get many things done early. I was failing fast by late morning though, and drew a bath and thought about climbing into bed was a priority. We decided to head out to the Apple Yurt at Pialligo as soon as Bob lunched, and pick up a bucket of just picked Gravestien's and Royal Gala. You can't beat really fresh, new season apples.
My head was pretty bad by now, although the sign for a cafe at a local nursery inspired Bob and I to divert home via the National Gallery for a (hopefully) restorative coffee amongst the gum trees. Good coffee, although it didn't work. My head hurt like hell. I dragged Bob out via the work that impressed Aki and I so much on Monday, done with Synthetic Polymer paint and punctured canvas. The Laotian name of the artist continued to defy my memory and vowel capacity.
I'm bloody annoyed now (after six pm) that I have found that my wallet, containing an uncharacteristically large amount of cash, as well as all of life's necessary cards is AWOL. This is particularly galling, as it was discovered as I flung my hand into a bag and found the smaller cash and cycle wallet that I had returned home to find (unsatisfactorily) hours earlier despite searching the same Bat-Bag repeatedly.
My cognitive functioning is failing at the moment, and it really annoys me. In the last week or two I have lost car keys, documents and who knows what else in a great big brain blah. This has happened before, and at it's worse my functioning is barely marginal. The fear, or dread, of this being a harbinger of something more sinister is worse than the effects at the moment.
I'll ring or visit the Gallery tomorrow ~I agreed to help out at the Sprint Tri Champs tomorrow morning and we have a family lunch at the Cotter after that.
Looking forward to the trip, and Lucy is looking forward to having "Uncle Paul" come to stay and look after her with plenty of TV watching and lap to cuddle on!


7 Responses to “Da Feet Return!”

  1. Blogger Cirque 

    I hope you fnd your wallet Carolyne, and that your memory lapses are nothing more than an overloaded brain trying to cope with feeling so sick so often.
    I hope you have a lovely visit with your family, too.

  2. Blogger CJ 

    Hope you're feeling better. Take care and hop eyou find your wallet.

  3. Blogger Friar 

    Determination will help haul you over this hump.

    Ah memories of Lucy, such a good photo from long ago; but I bet she is just as loved now, perhaps even more so.

  4. Blogger Spark Driver 

    Woohoo dancing feet :-)
    Hope you find your wallet. Its not the money so much just the inconvience replacing everything.

  5. Blogger Ewen 

    Sorry you're not doing 6ft Carolyne. We'll miss you in 'Gramps Army'.

    Someone needs to advise Rad that doing a sprint tri in the morning and steeplechase in the afternoon is not a good idea.

  6. Blogger strewth 

    Damn nuisance about your wallet FD but maybe you put it somewhere "safe". I do that!! Do hope that nasty headache goes away and you feel your bubbly lovely self again soon.

  7. Blogger Sarah 

    Sorry to hear things aren't going the best at the moment! Hope you're back to yourself again soon.

    I do like your new blog look - I hate all the wasted space on mine. My kinda long posts look stupidly long because it's only using a third of the width available!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts