Bad Duck?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, not really . . . although I feel that way.

It has not been much of a week; Tuesday with Aki was good, and I enjoyed the
Cross Country Summer Series not matter how slow the 'race' was, it was wonderful to do a 7km warm down with Strewth along the bike paths of Woden.

Wednesday was another brick in the wall for the
BBQ Stakes T-Shirt quest; 97 down and 3 to go. It has 'only' taken me fifteen years!

My hairdresser had rung to request that I change my long overdue appointment for a haircut from BBQ Stakes time to earlier that morning. (Yay!). Always enjoy chatting to Angelo, and it was a wonderful relief to have the offending locks cut off. I had said that the first words Bob would utter when I kissed and ran (he was working next door) would be "looks good, too short though". I was spot on. Diverted via Rad's place on the way to the Stakes to check on how he was going. Thankfully he was going well, although would delay restarting running until the Vets Sprint Marathon Relay on Sunday.

I was at Woden in plenty of time, so after I changed I went for a longer warm up, which I rather stuffed up. With a toilet stop inserted into it, I found that I was running back to the start as runners were on their way, including those whose handicaps were behind mine. Doh! Consequently, my BBQ Stakes run was at about the same pace as the warm up. Certainly well and truly last on the new out and back course.

Thursday. Plan to run long no matter what. Gut pain intervenes and I am a miserable duck all day. Realising that Bob has arranged for a plumber to come on Saturday morning to fit and fix a new tap, and stated that we will supply it, I walked down to the newly opened hardware mega store and arbitrarily chose one. Looked at paint swatches.
Friday. Plan is to drive car to Customs and leave it in Civic for Bob to make a quick getaway to the coast for the Jervis Bay Tri. Sluggish start with gut and associated back pain increasing. Used the car to fill my prescription repeat for antibiotics mark IV. Found it painful to walk to the start of Customs. Decided to go off early as I was feeling pretty poorly. Left on 1 minute, and was running a bit better than the previous week, and had dreams of breaking 25 minutes. No such luck. Bob joined me as I neared the end and ran back with me to the finish before heading back to the office so he could get away quickly. Had coffee with Bob before walking back home. Sinus pain is still bad. I guess that we will look for CATs again, although my understanding is that that after a couple of operations, no more bone can be removed so apart from snorting saline and steroids there is nothing that can be done surgically. Sigh . . . .


Saturday. Still stuck with episodes of acute gut pain which disturbed my sleep and makes me somewhat miserable. Set every alarm to go off to ensure that I was out of bed in plenty of time for the plumber to arrive. No run yet, and pain continues fairly steadily with intermittent episodes of crippling pain. If anything, running was not significantly worse than walking or running, but maybe that is partly due to running always hurts. I don't know how I'd go on my own though without a reason to 'push through'. Good weather though, I need to go for a walk at least!
Might just have a 'nice lie down' first though as soon as the plumber leaves . . . .


2 Responses to “Bad Duck?”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Ewww, poor Ducky! A question, do you find yourself in pain everytime you run? That's real determination you show. Time to go back to Fortijuice?

    Funny thing is today we're both talking on our blogs about life in the fast lane.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I like 'a bit of a lie down' - can't beat it. I hope you're on the improve soon Carolyne.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts