The week that was


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I'm looking forward to the opportunity to just sit and catch up on blogs; mine, others, reading email and just 'chilling' while alert and not asleep for a change!

Thursday 2 February
Aquathon with Aki, Strewth and Bob (a.k.a. FlashDrake) in the evening. The enduro format of the long race would suit a team, the first 300m swim and 2.5km run followed immediately by another. In only her second time in the lake, Aki's swim starred and she was considerably faster than many in the short course event. I'll lose her to doing the whole event before long. It is great fun doing it as a team though!

Friday 3 February
It's Friday. Brush teeth, go to Customs. I stuffed up the entry of results of the previous week and forgot to bring a start list (doh! My brain is certainly only firing on one cylinder at the moment) which caused some consternation at the event. Ran hard. 5k in 26:40. Absolutely buggered at the end. I don't know what's wrong with me. Good coffee and warm down with Aki afterwards though.
Saturday 4 February
Planned to jog the 960m (or thereabouts) down the road to join SpeedyGeoff at the training session. Set Alarm on mobile to warn me. Slept through this, phone calls, a hungry cat bouncing on the bed and who knows what else to awake feeling decidedly crook at nearly two in the afternoon. Something to drink, then more sleep.
Sunday 5 February
Very similar to Saturday. Missed seeing Aki for a long run. Missed seeing Lucky Legs and Wombat at the AIS track. Was wheeled out to family gathering at the botanic gardens for an hour before nephews number 1 and 4 returned interstate. Nice setting and weather. Serious gut pain and headache. Returned to bed. Bad friend. Unreliable again.
Monday 6 February
Slept through loud mobile phone alarm to remind me to call doctor for appointment. A tad better in the afternoon, walked up Mt Painter.
Tuesday 7 February
Bob made doctors appointment for me from the office. 4:15pm. Excellent. His back had suddenly become very painful over the last few days and he managed to get into the Physio with a cancellation in about half an hour. As he was without a car, I put in my contact lenses and grabbed some bags with clothes in it and collected him from Civic and drove him to Dickson for the appointment. He's very concerned about being right for the Long Course Tri on the weekend at Jervis Bay. Dropped Bob back at work, did washing, picked up Aki for her first Mt Ainslie run up. Good fun. Pleased that she was ahead of me from the massed start!
Just got to the GP in time. To quote: "My sinus' are shot" and "(I am) a problem child". Another ten day course of an alternative antibiotic. If not, then a "CAT Scan to see how many cats we can find". Doctor John is in fine form.
Phibes introduced new Canberra Cool Runner Vurt to me before the start of the Cross Country. Mild weather meant that the conditions were good. Knew that a gentle jog was all I could hope for. Still a slow time, (26-27 minutes), but fairly comfortable and another of very even splits. Amazing how many people on passes on the second lap by running fairly evenly.
Lovely warm down jog with Strewth afterwards where I battered her ears for 7km.


2 Responses to “The week that was”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hands on hips conveys "attitude" with a capital A!! Loved our warm down run after the Cross Country. Much better than the actual event! Thank you so much for lending me your Garmin. I'm lost without one these days!!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Carolyne, good to know you're back on your feet again. I missed getting to Canberra last Sunday as well, but got there Wednesday afternoon for a session on the track with Ewen. Hopefully next time we'll all make it! Stay well.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts