Week summary


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It hasn't been a bad week ~ I was surprisingly slower on the Black Mountain Run Up on Tuesday than I had been mid longish run on Sunday evening. It was good fun though, especially seeing such a big turnout including allrounder. I had to dash for an appointment, so missed out on the post climb chat and jog down, however I did manage to get to the TACT office (Triathlon ACT) to enter aki and I as a team in the season's first Aquathon.

I did spend some time in the outdoor quarter of Civic (Lonsdale St, home of the outdoor shops in Canberra like Kent St is in Sydney) to compare sandals and backpacks. The wonderful Wildthing was right, the Keen sandals, although big and secure are very good.

Wednesday saw me drive to the BBQ Stakes at Woden. An unfortunate side effect of the current aggressive regime of antibiotics is rather severe diarrhoea. I am taking bucket-loads of preventative medication, but I couldn't risk the ride. It wasn't as hot and oppressive as the previous week and rain had been lurking all day. This was probably the reason for a relatively small turnout. I went off my never changing handicap, and was passed, once again by all the back-markers behind me. A little disconcerting, however it seems that few of the poorer runners turned up today (no names SpeedyGeoff), so although second or third last, my time, though slow, was still a full sixty seconds faster than the week before. Heading in the right direction!


2 Responses to “Week summary”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Yes heading in the right direction. Aquathon ?

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hey, I forgot it was on! I won't be there this week either, we have track on Wednesday. Next week hopefully I can make it (but not if it's 44 degrees celsius, weather girl)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts