Duck Paddle


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Tuesday was a great day

I had a smaller sinus headache when I woke, however I was able to do a quick coat of the ceiling, before I rang Aki to find out what we were up to. It was going to be hot, too hot, and I waiting for Bob to get back from his run first so I didn't have to lock the house up on such a day first.

It took just about as long to drive to Aki's place as to cycle, and I took her on a magical mystery tour of the northern suburbs of Canberra in my attempt to take a short cut. We then headed down to Lake Burley Griffin to finally go kayaking, on our list of things to do for some time. The rather basic flat bottomed plastic boats were neither fast, nor inclined to go in a straight line. Despite the hot weather and our midday start, being out on the water with a slight breeze and with increasing amounts of water entering the boats with each stroke, (there were no skirts), it was quite pleasant.

We first headed over towards the National Museum, managing to do lots of 360's on the way, and along the 'seawall' for a short way before cartwheeling our way back, as the wind picked up and our time was nearly up. It was not much of a paddle, the equipment was not so great and she had been spoilt from using the TK1 and sea kayaks with the benefit of steering rudders. It was rather longer since I paddled, probably January 1995 when Bob and I changed our plans to do a quick circuit of the Kepler Track when we found that we could organise kayaks for a couple of days, and had a few idyllic days during a circuit of Lake Manapouri, camping on deserted sandy beaches lined with Beech Trees, Kiwi's in the brush, large fish swarming throughout the water that was so clean we just dipped our cups in to drink as we paddled. Bliss.
Rather wet, and me looking very bedraggled (Aki managed to retain considerable style), we returned to the Deck at Regatta Point for coffee, opting to sit outside to dry off.
The afternoon was spent as Casa Kramar Harlow, where I put the last coat of bright blue paint on the wall, and Aki and Bob chatted. the evening was terribly hot, and we walked (more or less) around the Aranda 6k loop, the weather only cooling slightly as the sun set.
I managed to move a bit of furniture back, back already feel that this new medication regime is having some effect. Let's hope it lasts!


1 Responses to “Duck Paddle”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Did you know that there is a new ceiling paint out that goes on pink and dries white ? Cool huh ?

    Sounds like a nice paddle FD. As was your 1995 trip to Fiordland. I wouldn't dip my cup in LBG however.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts