Lurch


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I make a good impersonation of lurch noises, but I don't know how to convert this to text.
Once again, I woke with my head racked with sinus pain and it took hours to be able to function. Somehow I managed to become 'lert enough to do a bit ó painting. The first effect of the roller on the ceiling was something of a shock = it seemed very blue, instead of a light tint.
No guts, no glory. I figured that I had better keep going.
The plan was to give the walls and ceiling a coat of paint, do some exercise, and give the room a second coat that afternoon. Good plan. But that was as far as it went.
I struggled through with the ceiling and the two remaining walls. It was rather patchy, as I was very slow (especially to begin with) and it was drying well in the warm weather. I finished up and spent a long time washing out the painting equipment properly in preparation. I didn't feel like it, but knew that I 'should'. I don't like 'shoulds'.
Bob arrived home from his morning cycle, avoiding the Summernats territory as I requested. He looks especially good in a wet T-shirt, cycling jersey and nicks!
I had promised to help spread out some mulch on the garden adjacent to the driveway, and thought that I had better do this now rather than leave it until a 'later' than never arrives. By the time I had done this all thoughts of a run or cycle were subsumed by the need to lie down, soon. I managed to have a welcome bath first, and then struggled to lie down. Too soon I was asleep, well into the late afternoon. It was too late and I was still too tired and groggy to contemplate doing anything.
And thus endeth the lesson for today.


2 Responses to “Lurch”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You may sound like Lurch but I'm sure you look nothing like him!. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow and watch for those paint fumes!

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    LOL. Sorry I shouldn't laugh. Funny post FD. By the way, Summer Nats. Don't get me started. I saw the poor 3yo on the news tonight after being hit by a hoon's car. Grrrr.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts