Does My Nose Look Big in this?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The sinus headaches are rebounding, not at their worst, but more than annoying.


I cycled via the Chemist this morning to refill some of my 'usual' prescriptions and repeats of the dastardly antibiotics, 1, 2 & 3. I had a good talk to the Pharmacist, however the delay was long, and I jumped on the shopping cart, (bike in commute mode) and hit main roads to cycle down to Customs in the hope that I wouldn't be late. I snuck through the Archbishop's' residence road as a shortcut and was there in ample time.

I felt OK, and was pleased to see
Mr B there for the first time to run. We went off the same handicap, 13:00, mercifully eased 30 seconds since last weeks miserable performance at 100% effort. My face pain was continuing, and I didn't feel too flash. I pointed out to Mr B the variations on the course going out for the return, and he sped away once we rounded the willow tree at the halfway point.

The handicapper was in great form this week, with a sea of runners converging at the final downhill stretch across surprisingly deep, lush grass. A group of teenagers on tour had their Frisbee and footy tip and kick games interrupted as we all swarmed through the middle in an attempt to get to the line.

Aki kept in front of me, and I uncharacteristically didn't call out for her to 'Go Girl' as usual as I knew she would kick on and ridicule me. I didn't catch her anyway, she claims that she could hear me (!), and although blessedly faster than last week, I remained quite unhappy with the run overall.

Aki and I retreated to the Deck for our usual post-mortem, although the tone was a little subdued as though we were each faster than last week, it seemed to be no consolation for our unsatisfying runs. I rode home on Barry Drive to pick up my prescriptions (I'm sure that the steroids are bloating my nose!), before heading home.


0 Responses to “Does My Nose Look Big in this?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts