E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm sure Bob's plans to access telco services in the foothills of Mt Everest were rather over optimistic - he was able to give me a three minute telephone call from Kathmandu on Monday morning, however there has been no other contact, and I expect that the prospects will merely diminish over the next three weeks or so until he returns to Kathmandu.

According to the tour itinerary, this is what he is meant to be up to today:


Day 5: Namche Bazaar (3446m)

(Trekking: approx 4 hours)
Today the walking is a little tougher and includes a steep ascent to Namche Bazaar. From Monjo it is a short walk to the entrance of the national park, before we cross the Dudh Kosi River to Jorsale (2805m). The trek continues upstream on generally flat terrain, crossing back to the right bank to the confluence of the Bhote Kosi and Dudh Kosi Rivers, where we start the steep climb to Namche Bazaar. After crossing a large and stable suspension bridge high above the river, we slowly ascend at a steady pace. There are some fantastic photographic opportunities as the peaks of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and Taweche (6542m) come into view for the first time. After arriving in Namche Bazaar, we enjoy lunch with the afternoon is free to bargain in the shops for Tibetan artefacts or simply relax and marvel at the beautiful scenery.

Bob's not too good with suspension bridges, so that should be interesting.

My health hasn't been so great of late, although I was a fair bit better today. I have been wracked by headaches for a couple of weeks and that has eased. My vision is still very dark, so I'm doing the opposite of the earth hour programme - finding that I need lots of lights on to be able to see (and still wondering who put the lights out). The rain over the last couple of days, meant that I didn't get out for the exercise I so badly needed, with less guilt than I would have had if the weather was fine. I was able to walk down to the doc's office today and pick up a prescription this morning, but that wasn't so much.

With the rain clearing this afternoon, it turned into a pleasant day, despite the fairly strident wind, it was a warm westerly and quite refreshing.




0 Responses to “”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts