I know I should have earlier, but . . .


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





I've been waiting to feel better, or to be better. Although there have been moments when I think that I have turned the corner, it then has reverted to the general "blah-ness" (a technical term) that has been difficult to recover from.

Today (Thursday, 24th January!) I am sitting on the sofa, the cricket on the TV, having just extradited myself from my second shift in bed this morning where I had retired with hopelessly aching bones and muscles. It feels as though I have gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson for the fourth night running, suffering major body blows to my upper arms and all around my rib cage, especially around the flank. Ouch!

The only activity that could have contributed to this feeling is a walk - all walking, no jogging - on the bike paths around home on Tuesday afternoon. Needless to say, I have long accepted that the Canberra Marathon is going to be a non-starting event for me this year, and have just hoped to regain as much fitness as I can. I will certainly be there with bells on to cheer along the best of the Cool Runners such as Lucky Legs, Gronk, Speedy Geoff and Aki though!

Bob has been quite excited about his upcoming trip to Nepal and a trek with Peregrine on the Everest High Passes. However, his high mood of excitement suffered a minor funk on Tuesday when it he was advised that it possible that it may not go ahead unless they get another booking. He was really looking forward to this, and had been going to the gym to work on his upper body strength and core fitness in preparation. I was going to equally enjoy spending possibly the best month of April in Canberra. We should know a little better early next week.

So, despite the number of tasks crying out to be done around the house, I shall spend today trying to recover as best I can. Tomorrows Customs is a bit iffy - I would certainly like to go (if I can drag my body out of the house), although whether I will be able to walk it, walk / jog, or just cheer from the sidelines, I'm not sure.


4 Responses to “I know I should have earlier, but . . .”

  1. Blogger speedygeoff 

    Hey FD I'm running the marathon too you know.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Shame you won't be running FD. Good to know you'll be on the sidelines however - I'll need it !

  3. Blogger Aki 

    Hoping to see you tomorrow for ice cream, if nothing else!

  4. Blogger Ewen 

    I'm not running the marathon - it's about 37k too far.

    Hope you're feeling better (and running again) soon.

    P.S. Blog colours are better than your old cross country club-like ones. Whatever you do, don't go for the icky green the CC club uses now ;)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts