Been to the doctor


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Bob dragged me to the doctor this morning, a little against my wishes, as I figured that nothing much could be done, so why bother?





The good doctor John pretty well confirmed this (that there wasn't much aggressive treatment), that it was likely that a virus (don't you just love virrii?) might be causing both the gastritis (gut) and respiratory symptoms. Treat my sinus with over the counter drugs for a change to avoid my usual six month antibiotic overload, and see how things go.





My renal (kidney) function is still a bit iffy, but I will need to wait until I'm well until the blood tests are repeated. We talked some more at length about my (?sp) bradycardia or episodes of slow heartbeat with continues. With Bob there being dictated to, we shall try and get me to the hospital when it happens again. There was a fair bit of talk about a pace maker, and that he thought it would make me feel much better straight away, but, and it's a big but, it is a rather radical step.





I'm getting gradually stronger each day, and would dearly love to kick the new year (and 2008 is going to be a really great year) with some exercise, preferably running. That is no doubt too ambitious, but maybe a walk to the botanic gardens is on the cards!



3 Responses to “Been to the doctor”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

  2. Blogger strewth 

    I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well and wish you a healthier 2008 with some lovely runs that you can enjoy. Take care of you Ducky and I hope to catch up with you soon.

  3. Blogger Aki 

    :(

    What strewth said.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts