Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...








Where do I begin?








Bob and I are very happy to have stayed in Savannah for the Bridge Run - I was (almost) last, but feel as though I am really running when I get 10 miles 15 kms under my belt. Bob did blitz his opposition, and now we have the difficulty of deciding what to do with the glass framed poster of the run with a small plaque declaring him his age group winner (and, it should be noted by a proud wife, he would have also won the two age categories younger than him as well).






So, we packed the car and headed off to Charleston, South Carolina, further north along the Atlantic Coast. Checking into our hotel which we booked on the internet the night before, there was evidence of cyclists in the vicinity of the car park. At the elevators near our room, I asked two women wearing Cycle Georgia T-Shirts what it was all about; it turns out that we had landed smack bang near the end of the Festi-Velo (cool name), a three or four day Audex-style cycling event in Charleston.





We found our way to the JOE, a nearby baseball stadium and found the registration, meal tent and clusters of cyclists and masseurs. As Bob had his bike, which we shall need to pack soon, I encouraged him to see if he could join a ride for Sunday with others. I toyed with the idea of attempting to rent a bike, however I was extremely stiff after the run, and the knee propbably didn't appreciate my 55km cycle in Natchez as much as I did.

We ended up purchasing two wrist bands for late registration, which entitled us to meals (dinner that night, as well as breakfast and lunch), a tube of toothpaste (?), a toothbrush (??), a Christmas ornament (damn, more fragile glass stuff to carry and break), and (yet another) T-shirt. Twenty five bucks - a lot cheaper than our very ordinary plain tomato pasta dish last night in Savannah.







0 Responses to “Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts