E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Just a quick note - I'm sitting in the car at the NASA base in Mississippi. No, I haven't been arrested for not supporting the re-election of (former Prime Minister) Howard. I am endeavouring NOT to freeze after running a 5km fun run. My knee was not entirely happy after the cycle the other day, so I ran well within myself. More-or-less even 6 minute kilometres should have made me ecstatic. However the course was around 80m long which made me finish in a time of 30 minutes and a couple of seconds. My lack of competititiveness (true, for today anyway) meant that I didn't kick into a finishing sprint. The woman in front of me was 42, the woman in front of her, 41. I thought nothing of this at the time, but after a post-race breakfast of Jambalaya and Beer (or Coca Cola), I was presented with a colourful medallion, complete with Astronauts floating around in space.

We are heading back to N'Awlins' in search of a coffee. Hell/, I'm so cold that American Hot Brown Liquid would do.


2 Responses to “”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    Cool medal! Gotta show it to me when you get back!

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    I would have thought mentioning you're a good buddy of Little Johnny would get you a free cup of hot brown liquid!

    Congrats. So close to gold too!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts