The Story so far . . .


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ironically, now that the boy wonder and I have left New York City and are heading into the land of Bluegrass music, Po' Boys and Fish Frys, we have much better internet access.

Go figure.

We are currently in the beautiful University town of Charlottesville, Virginia; good coffee and joggers everywhere! Very exciting.




Although I didn't get for a run in New York, I did get out for a little trot yesterday afternoon after we found 1. espresso; 2. a good vegie sandwich on pumpernickel; and 3. Accommodation in the University quarter (in that order). We had the most stunning drive down the Skyline Drive through the Autumnal colours and deer (more on that later).


It was late (4:50 pm) by the time we started, with Bob and I heading off in separate directions. I just went exploring on the city streets, arrogantly heading in the direction of other joggers that I saw pass on the cross streets in front of me. Even in my second proper run since surgery, I was able to catch and pass many of them. Whoa girl! I was slow, but they were slower. Don't be competitive, don't be competitive.


With sunset in these parts at 5:08pm (a good 25 minutes later than New York) it wasn't long before I had to loop around and return to the hotel . . . . possibly a good thing as I wanted to go on forever.

Bob returned a few minutes later, having covered only a little more distance (4.05 kms as opposed to my 3.68ish), and having had a far less satisfying experience. After showering we headed down to Ragged Mountain Running Shop, a place we popped into with David and Lisa a couple of weeks earlier, and one of the attractions of returning here. There was a Veterans 5k at the ?university on Saturday, and we went for information and to enter. Apart from the 8am start time, which should see the temperature right about freezing, I am really looking forward to it.








2 Responses to “The Story so far . . .”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    Great to see you running! Good luck in your race.

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    Good luck in the 5k! Don't run too ragged. I'd like to see sub-31 :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts