Mid-Walk Blog


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



God I love widespread WiFi!

The 'gang' are all involved in their last minute race preparations,
briefings, rego & stuff, so I excused myself to do a bit of exploing.
I had thought that I would hit the Fine Arts Museum again - my first
attempt saw me huddling in the foyer of a Hospital, drenched, waiting
for a downpour to pass.

Just past the anti abortion canpaiger, picketing the Woman's Health
Centre was the Museum. Yay. Except that it was closed that day for
construction.

So today I have been exploing the Riverside paths, starting with the
less salubrious track along the top of the Flood Wall next to the
James River along to railyards and a paper factory.

I ended up walking alongside the tarted-up Canal District and onto the
fascinating Belle Island. Wow! Accessed by this amazing Pedestrian
Bridge suspended under the road deck of a squillion lane highway, its
concrete surface is entirely stable, and waves up and down along it's
length.

The island is fascinating, wooded trails & loads of amazing


--
Carolyne Kramar
carolyne.kramar@bigpond.com


0 Responses to “Mid-Walk Blog”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts