Boy, Am I Excited!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I would be anyway ~ today we head down from southern New England to the Big Apple; it will be my first time in New York City. I have a constant stream of NYC related songs going around my head, no matter how inappropriate ("We'll go to Yonkers / Where true love conquers, all").

But - as if New York City ("What a beautiful disease") wasn't enough . . . this morning I went for a run! OK, it was very slow, more of a casual jog, and quite short, but I'm counting it as a run. There is a Cliff Walk in Newport which is a right of way along the easements of 64 properties which skirt the sea. A beautiful path, it was perfect for my first hit out. I jogged into the breeze for the first 2.5 kms, exchanging good mornings with other walkers and joggers along the track. At the 2.5km mark I reluctantly turned around and walked for half a km, before breaking once more into a jog back to the hotel.

Wow, I loved it. Pretty slow, a tad over 7 minute pace, it nevertheless felt wonderful!


4 Responses to “Boy, Am I Excited!”

  1. Blogger Gronk 

    Well done on the run FD. The scenery sounds amazing !

    New York ! You'll be there around the time of the marathon I guess ? OK you've got to find that restaurant used for Seinfeld ! I think its called Tom's Diner. Failing that get a pastrami on rye with a pickle on the side (very New York). Have fun !

  2. Blogger Aki 

    :) Good to see you back running again Ducky!

  3. Blogger Ewen 

    Woohoo! A run! 7 minute pace is fine. Here's to you...

  4. Blogger Friar 

    The NY Marathon has been run and won, I bet that was an experience to see 40,000 runners in the same event.

    BTW, Flashdrake doesn't appear in the results??

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts