ACTCCC Molonglo Reach


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



There wasn’t much time, but I changed and got my gear together on my bike to cycle out to the ACT Cross Country Club’s (ACTCCC) Spring Series first race of the series at Molonglo Reach (The Boathouse).

I put my lights on my bike in preparation for returning home before I left, and having locked the house as I was heading off, great big globs of rain started to fall, and I dug out my keys to grab a waterproof for Bob and my Gore-Tex. Bob had left already, as he was on duty this week, and was heading on to Swim Squad afterwards.

By the time I was on the cycle, it was raining. The wind came up, but the temperature was still quite warm. With moments to spare, I propped the bike against a tree, changed my shoes, then judging that I had enough time, changed my cycling knicks to running shorts. Well warmed up, if not prepared I hit the start with others and the rain started to fall in increasing quantity as we made our way east along the bike path from the boathouse around the hospice and to the turn around point just across the bridge where the east basin becomes the Molonglo River once more.

Runners in the other direction were passing me from very early on, and my legs were a little tired from the lunchtime run in the Bonshaw Cup. Bob was standing at the end of a line of orange cones with an umbrella overhead and cheered me on as I came near and turned around.

Despite having to stop twice to tie up my shoe laces (once on each foot), I was pleased with the run, and improved as I got going, despite the conditions.

I started to get cold at the finish and changed and lit up before cycling home in the steady rain. It cleared fairly soon though, so I pulled over at the Ferry terminal at Acton and put on a warm under cap and removed my drenched top which I wore during the run and was making me very cold. It was a beautiful evening to cycle home now that the rain had stopped and I felt virtuous with my activities over the course of the day.

A hot bath when I go home was perfection!


1 Responses to “ACTCCC Molonglo Reach”

  1. Blogger Friar 

    "returning home before I left"

    Now I'd like to see that.

    It would have been a better idea in hindsight not to have run in the rain after all.

    But who knows when it will rain again??

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts