Another inclement Thursday


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



2006 10 25 Blog

The unpredictable Sydney Spring weather continued, but I was finally able to connect my laptop to the Internet, albeit with a 41mps dial-up connection, and submit my tax.

In the afternoon, Molly and I once again headed out for an evening jog, down to the Yacht Club at Newport, and then north along the waterfront. I took us on a few dead end excursions where I thought that there was the likelihood of a public pathway at the end through to a higher level of the winding streets of these parts.

She didn’t seem to mind, and I knew this time where there was a park at a tidal bay where we could each get a drink. About 10 kilometres later, we were both tired, but happy, and when she came in to ‘watch television’ in the evening, she made a beeline to the rug and crashed out on her side with her legs extended.

Although I may not be her owner, in a manner that we share the appearance of dark (slightly greying? Never!) hair and an unaccountably broad backside. Is it my imagination, or has she lost a bit of weight in the last week?

Today I drove up to Cottage Point, guiltily hiding in the metal canopy of the car as the weather kept changing with showers of heavy drops making the prospect of cycling less attractive.

I wandered down to the Kiosk and General Store at Cottage Point for a coffee, (insert photo) where the sun might not have exactly come out, but at least there wasn’t any rain. In such an isolated area, the price of everything was at a premium (a cup of coffee $4, a mug $4.50; Hamburgers with chips around $12+; other fish based dishes (which sounded bloody good) $21-25).

The coffee was really good – a proper espresso and good value.

I studied some topo and walking maps of the area, planning to come back to run on the trails (when there isn’t a Total Fire Ban), having become somewhat tired of the relentless bitumen bashing in this beautiful part of the world.

On my way back, I carefully recorded the splits between turnoffs for cycling there as soon as the weather clears up. (Is the weather ever going to clear up?). Although there is a decent climb around Coal and Candle Creek, it was certainly good cycling. Pity that I’m such a wimp for cold and wet.


0 Responses to “Another inclement Thursday”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts