Pump It Up


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The morning was slow, with little improvement in my headache. After heading up to Palm Beach ( not planned, I just explored some of the back streets to Careel Bay and ended up on the tip of the peninsula). The coffee was reasonable and it was good to soak up some sun, even if it was still considerably cooler than Canberra. Pretty amazing at this early stage of the year.

When I returned home I was torn between my desire to run, and my desire to give Molly a decent walk after this morning's sedate excursion. I wasn't sure how she would cope, but I decided to give her a go at going for a jog with me. It was a roaring success!

Taking heed of some of the roads I drove along this morning, we just went exploring, and I was surprised to see how much I enjoyed just trotting and was neither aware nor interested in how far or fast we were travelling. I was just enjoying it all.

I was a little concerned as we headed along Riverview Rd that I had miscalculated somewhat, and there was no sign of parks or taps to get Molly a drink. She looked comfortable, not panting too much with her tail wagging 18 to the dozen. Turning back to the south I was reasonably confident about ending up in the Avalon shopping village. I stopped at one quiet intersection to get my bearings, and Molly sat, then lay, down in the gutter for a breather. I felt increasingly guilty that I hadn't yet found a drink for her, and we were soon at Barrenjoey Rd and the fringes of Avalon shops. We were comfortable jogging along, and unable to find a tap at the recreation centre or netball courts which could be turned on, so headed into the campus of the primary school.

She drank with gusto, although paid as much heed to the corner of rice cracker which has sought freedom from some childs lunchbox, and a squashed half of a chip.

It was all uphill from here, so while we jogged where we could, there was no complaint when we slowed to a walk up the stairs in Palmgrove Park and up the short, steep rock steps to the pinnacle.

All in all, a great success, the pace averaged around 6:30-7:00 minute k's when we were moving, which was most of the time after the initial sniff and smell. She is now very tired and flat out like a lizard drinking.


2 Responses to “Pump It Up”

  1. Blogger Aki 

    That's no good about feeling sick, I hope you are getting better now.

  2. Blogger Friar 

    One of the better parts of running is the exploratory run over new territory.

    And of course being able to find your way back to where you started.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts