The Lament of Bilgola Belly


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have been struck down by the dreaded "Bilgola Belly" since Friday, which has severely restricted my movements (¿pun intended) to the grounds of the house & its near environs when walking Molly.

In the sympathetic collective notion of "one out, all out". My sinuses have also staged a revolt, involving my glands in its headachy protest to the road train being driven through my head.

Thus, I reluctantly withdrew from the 'Sydney Spring Cycle', & huddled inside for warmth as we managed to get more rain than the rest of the State. This morning's SMH confirmed 16mm locally (@ Avalon), whereas most of Sydney struggled to get above 0.2mm.

My head was no better on waking, however the weather had improved no end, which always helps. Molly and I left late for our walk, uncharacteristicly only going as far as 'Plateau Park', about 800m from home, where I could let her off leash, settle on a park bench, and throw a collection of sticks across the paddock.

We were almost instantly joined by six dogs and their owners, each carrying ball-throwing devices, (which, it must be said with a hint of sexism, meant that their tennis balls were propelled much further than if they were purely to rely on their female elbow throwing action).

Their dogs didn't actually get much exercise, as most time was spent chatting and their dogs just hung around. Molly and I explored the immediate area for a short time before returning home, still with a Sinus' Rave Party in my head.

The better weather encouraged me to rake up some of the detritus from the 'dark and stormy' weekend which had blown leaves and garden refuse all over the deck and lawn. I pulled out a ladder and retrieved 'Mr .Squeaky' (not my nomenclature) from the roof of the garage where I had flung it in a bold girly-elbowed fling a few days earlier with my never-been-dexterous left aim while trying to be smart and do other things with my right.

I am writing this whilst overlooking Pittwater over a cup of coffee (long black: $3.50 a mug - an unexpected 3 1/2 from an unpromising looking kiosk) at Palm Beach. The caffeine has aided my headache, although the sun and getting out probably accounts for more. Thank goodness for the PDA.

While I now have the power cord for the laptop, I have no way of connecting it (yet) to the Internet, hence my lack of posting of maps, photos, etc.

I feel up to a gentle (but never flat) run this afternoon should roll back down Barrenjoey Rd soon.


1 Responses to “The Lament of Bilgola Belly”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    you are in my neck of the woods now :)

    I just moved to harbord (near manly). I am currently enjoying getting up early and going for a swim at the freshwater pool (while i recover fro injury). It is nice on the northern beaches:)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts