Frankenstein's Daughter Grows!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I haven't actually lost my mind, but I have lost my time in this whirlwind of relative good health!

Thursday was a most exciting day, with Aki succeeding in cycling the perimeter of West Basin today, and in the strongest wind imaginable!

The day started off simply enough, with a 7:30 am start for me to cycle over to Rad's place. From there we decided to head over to Friar's place and cycled along the bike path as far as Cotter Road and then on the road to his house. A quick 'hello' before heading back up the hill and around the Lake to meet Aki and the PRB at Reconciliation Place where they were practicing their skills. After handing over some knicks with padded bottoms for the sore unpadded behinds, Rad and I left on a magical mystery tour taking in Parliament House and some of Canberra's attractions to round out a 40km ride for his day.

I then hot-footed (or should that be hot-cleated?) it back to the Library for the all essential cup of post cycling coffee. As the wind howled (the average wind speed was over 37 km/hr with gusts much higher), I took my leave, and buoyed by the ease of on-road cycling, headed up Barry Drive once again to finish the day covering just over 70 kilometres in the worst cycling wind I can remember!


2 Responses to “Frankenstein's Daughter Grows!”

  1. Blogger Ewen 

    I can't see the big version of that map Carolyne, but it looks like a huge ride.

    We had another bowl of coffee after the Customs run but had to wait for ages as "all the bowls were in use"!

  2. Blogger strewth 

    Very impressive cycle - 70km - wow! And congratulations on teaching Aki to ride - that's so exciting. She'll be competing in triathlons this year for sure now.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts