Has it been a week already?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Up, Down and Around and Round.

After being so buoyed up by the ease of the Vets Half Marathon two weeks ago, and the no worries if there wasn't much exercise while we were down the coast having-a-good-time with Bob, I had a rude awakening with my return to Customs the next Friday.


Since then, well . . . .


The PRB and I had a very pleasant day walking around Lake Ginninderra. Great company, although I barely moved 100m metres before anxiously searching for the next toilet block. Thankfully, there are quiet a few around the perimeter of the lake, and in the cafes and bars on the urban fringe. A bowl of Bun Bo Hue (spicy beef noodle soup) at my new favourite Vietnamese restaurant (Can Tho in Weedon Close, Belconnen) rounded out the day nicely.


It exhausted me though, and I spent most of the next few days asleep once more.


On Friday, I planned to go to Customs with Bob, and we both travelled into Civic together in the morning. Bob had an appointment for a haircut (he will be filling in at an office up in Parliament House next week) and needed it badly this week. I ran into Strewth getting a coffee which was lovely, and didn't manage to do the errands I planned and it soon became clear that when I was having so much difficulty walking, that running was not going to be a great idea.


Thus, Bob and I went to Customs together, run for the first time this Floriade Season on the new course, however I held the watch and despite having my running gear on under my civvies, didn't change.


Black Mtn Walk with Peter

I was so exhausted when I got home that was that for most of the weekend. The PRB suggested a walk on Sunday afternoon, and after a getting up at the fairly early hour of 11:00 am, we then walked from my home around the flatter sections of Black Mountain and Aranda bushland. We checked out the new stretch of bike path near Lake Burley Griffin as part of the new Gunghalin Drive extension. A slighter shorter, but hillier course back home took us to nearly 10kms.
Black Mtn Walk with Peter Elevation

I got through it with out ill effect, so hopefully things will improve.


2 Responses to “Has it been a week already?”

  1. Blogger TD 

    I saw PRB earlier on Sunday. Boy, does he get around. Actually, you two are simply treasures.

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    I like that GE pic. Some great running locations.

    We'll have to try that Viet and see if it's up to the standard of the one in Page.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts