E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Bob & I returned the rental car before heading to the special Mt Ainslie Run-Up event.
We were able to catch up with the returned Duathlon victors, Rad & Bob C., and check on the wounded Friar (household chores are far too dangerous for runners to do).

The start was uncharacteristically delayed to accommodate the photographer, with a mass start with the faster runners then doubling back for a delayed 5 minute handicap to permit the photographer to ascend the mountain in his vehicle.

I was well and truly ensconced in the first slow group, and increasingly lost touch with the other back-of-the-packers. Although I could see that the four people in front of me were walking, I kept plugging away in an attempt to run, my breathing becoming more laboured and rather noisy.

Before I had been chugging away for 11 minutes, the first 3 runners from the fast group passed me with the tiny Emily Brekinshot hot on the heels of Adrian Shepherd. Soon enough the other faster runners also passed me, leaving me without doubt at the tail end of the field.

By the stairs I knew that the end was near and picked up. A parade of runners now started to drip down the track, most wishing me encouragement by name as I climbed the last 100 metres.

A few more finishing shots were being set-up as I finished, so after I caught my breath I snuck away to jog down to the base.

This evening while Bob went to his triathlon swim squad I went to the gym, where I ran into Jodie on her way out. After having discounted the Spin Class as being unwise due to a painful perineum, on a whim I joined in the small group. It was a success.


2 Responses to “”

  1. Blogger Gronk 

    Great to see you tuffing it out FD. If I had 10% of your tenacity I would be a far better person.

    xxx

  2. Blogger Ewen 

    You got to race Emily and you were ahead of her!

    Hope you're feeling better FD.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts