It's Friday, It must be Customs


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After the usual last minute delays, Bob managed to leave on his drive to Melbourne, bike in the car and blisters popped and betadined. I caught the bus into Civic, getting there an hour before the Customs run, and fortified myself with a takeaway coffee from Kaldo in the NAB foyer at London Circuit.

The ladies toilets were being painted, so Rick acted as Cockatoo as I dashed into the men's, before starting early. My handicap of 10:00 minutes would have me finishing at the back of the pack (which is OK), but as I had many of my worldy (or at least technological) chattels with me, I didn't want to leave things unaccompanied for too long.

I ran hard, however my breathing was much better today, and I fought hard against the strong westerly that blew from the lake around Acton. My halfway willow tree split indicated a slower time than last week when I was being paced by Nigel, but I picked it up and continued to work. No tape to duck under today, I sprinted to the finish all on my own-some, oblivious to how silly it might seem to the busloads of school children who may have observed.

I finished in 28:15, a tad slower, but I felt a bit better and the conditions were not as good as last week.

Heart Rate
Low 77 bpm
Average 154 bpm
Max 188 bpm.



Speedy Geoff kindly let me put my gear in his car boot, and we did a Duck paced warm down clockwise around Central Basin. He insisted that he didn't mind going so slow, but I find that very hard to believe! After cleaning up and getting changed at Regatta Point I walked across to the Budget Rental Car depot at Rydges Lakeside, however not until I spent a stressful time fending off two pairs of typically aggressive Plovers who must have nested in the grasslands in the median and near Parkes Way. Plovers are bad news!!

After some delay, I picked up a canary yellow Hyundi Getz, a basic, but perfectly acceptable little runabout to brighten up my weekend while Bob was giving the new car a run down to Melbourne.

It got lots of use as Aki and I visited the PRB in Canberra Hospital, had a coffee and then searched for an acceptable Laksa (I opted for the lower fat, healthier Pho Tai) for dinner.

Feel particularly enthused by the added run with Geoff this afternoon, so plan to go to the Cross Country tomorrow.




0 Responses to “It's Friday, It must be Customs”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts