So much to Blog (so little time)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I was full of Joie de Vivre on Sunday morning, looking forward to a pleasant, controlled trot around Telopea Park thirteen times under the peaceful eyes of the Canberra Sri Chinmoy team. I arrived early, to find that the early start would not be operating this year as times were being entered into the computer, instead of there being lap counters this year. Although I had had no coffee, I was pleased about the extra time to race to the toilets in the park when I would have been running.
Bob cruised up on his bike for the run, and Aki made it in time for the start despite an inauspicious morning waking up late. The conditions were gorgeous, still requiring gloves and warm gear at the start, although there was a very welcome moments silence at the beginning in the Sri Chinmoy fashion.
Self Seeded at the back, I was soon keeping the marvelous Rad and Val company as others shot off into the distance. Bob was attired in his new Orange Nike Dri-Fit T-shirt, so I could easily keep an eye of him as he trotted around the loop course. On the first lap I saw Aki close on his heels and was horrified that she may have gone out way too fast and would regret it. She looked good and was running comfortably though.
Onto the second lap I could still feel the sharp pangs of groin pain that always hits me when I start running, but which may settle down a bit with a controlled, steady, slow pace. I was sticking to my end of the bargain ~ I was slow and steady, but the sharp pain continued to bite. I ran through the second and third laps, being lapped by the lead runners early, then the still so speedy gang of three M55's (Des Brown, Peter Clarke and Paul Archer), and as I came along my final straight on the eastern side of the course, by a very focused Aki who had tossed her jacket and gloves away at transition and was looking so focused I'm sure that she didn't even see me!
[to be continued . . .]


2 Responses to “So much to Blog (so little time)”

  1. Blogger Friar 

    Filled with a great mug of Coffee at Deeks Cafe today, after the BBQ Stakes.

    I was told that Wednesday arvo, is the time and place to see Deek in person, rather than merely in the numerous pictures around the wall.

    But alas, no sighting, so we adjourned and viewed a little of Paula Radcliffe on DVD in the London Marathon from a recent year.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Click for Hanoi, Viet Nam Forecast


About me

Previous posts